- Usually sold with the computer
- Certificate of authenticity usually says OEM
- CD says "only for distribution with a new PC"
- CD is branded by Dell or HP or etc
- Retail (bought standalone from a store or if Windows CD says "Upgrade")
- Branded (specifically branded by a big company)
- Action Pack (part of MS Action Pack)
- Volume License (licensed for multiple copies of Windows for a large business)
Monday, March 22, 2010
Windows XP: How many different versions are there?
Because it's so confusing: